Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior
GEMS Club seeks to equip girls to live radically faithful lives–doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God. Our purpose statement comes from a verse in the Bible: What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
How do we work our purpose into our GEMS Club?
- With emphasis on knowing God’s Word for our day
- Learning skills and crafting in exploration of God’s gifting
- Learning about God’s world so we can be better caretakers of it
- Learning how to get along with one another
- Being “others focused”
Who can participate?
- Girls in grades 1 through 6; from within the congregation and other churches or community in the Blackstone Valley.
- Counselors–adult women (one per small group) Assistant Counselors–adult women (one per small group)
- CITs (Counselors in Training)–high school girls (one per small group)
What does a GEMS Club Night look like?
- 5:30 - A hearty supper is served in the church fellowship hall (served till 6:15)
- 6:30 - We begin as a large group for announcements and prayer.
- 7:00 - We move to small groups working on badges, learning crafts and getting to know one another.
- 8:00–Our evening together is over.
Do you observe any special nights?
- Absolutely! Throughout the year, we celebrate several holidays with a big party. We also have a sleep-over. The girls enjoy special holiday crafts, snacks and games.
Is there a fee?
- There is a non-refundable fee for the year.
Do we have to fundraise as a participating family?
- GEMS has an annual poinsettia fundraiser that we hold in late November and early December in time for the Christmas holidays.
- Our policy is to do as little other fundraising as possible–especially for ourselves.
When do we meet?
- With some exceptions, GEMS Club meets every other Wednesday from September to May. For exact dates please contact our GEMS Club Leader Becky Bangma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out more information on the GEMS Girls Club site!